If your insurance policies are about to renew, there's no better time to sit down with your independent insurance agent and review your policies. Many people just pay their premiums year after year, and never really know whether they have adequate coverage. This is the perfect opportunity to review your insurance needs and make any necessary changes. Some things to consider include:
- What are your deductibles? If you changed them, how much of a difference would in make in your premiums?
- Does your auto policy have correct information, such as safety features and miles driven?
- If you have an older vehicle, do you still need collision and comprehensive coverage?
- If you're not a homeowner, do you have a renters policy to cover your belongings?
- Is your homeowners policy adequate to replace your house and belongings should there be an incident that results in a total loss?
- Do you have valuables or collectibles that need to be covered under an additional contents rider?
- Do you have a business, home-based or otherwise, that needs insurance?
- Make sure your boats, RVs, motorcycles and ATVs have insurance policies, as these types of "toys" are associated with incidents that result in high medical bills.
- Does your house have safety features such as an alarm system that could entitle you to a discount?
- Are there any other discounts available to you through multi-policies or association with an alumni association or professional organization? Can you get a discount for taking a safe driving course?
Many people don't even understand much of the insurance jargon on their policies. This would be a good opportunity to meet with your agent to make sure you understand what is covered on your current policies and what may be excluded. Call us to set up an appointment at 770-422-0456 or contact us online for a Marietta insurance quote.